Most tax litigators start off as tax lawyers and only later find themselves appearing in the courtroom.
Jerry took a different route to tax litigation. He first established himself as a civil litigator, before entering the world of tax, graduating with distinction from Georgetown’s Tax LL.M. program in the process.
If it becomes necessary to contest a tax matter during an audit, within an administrative appeal, or in the State or Federal Courts, you will want an experienced litigator presenting your case. You’ll want someone with a proven track record of delivering in the courtroom.
Jerry represents clients in:
- Proceedings before the U.S. Tax Court
- Refund actions in the Federal Courts
- Tax collection actions in Federal Courts, including actions arising out of liens and levies
- Actions to enforce IRS summonses
- Actions asserting transferee or donee liability for tax obligations
- Actions in State and Federal Courts to resolve multistate allocation or apportionment disputes
- State tax proceedings in the Courts of North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, New York, Oklahoma, and Arkansas
- IRS audits and administrative appeals
- Sales tax audits and related disputes